Fall florals. I haven’t always loved florals in the fall, but it’s really growing on me this season. This was the last dress that I purchased ahead of NYFW and I instantly fell in love with it’s print and midi length. Although it’s technically an off the shoulder number, I decided to pair this fall floral dress with my go-to faux leather jacket for an early fall look.
As far as I am concerned, an olive green dress is a closet staple for the fall. I do not discriminate when it comes to dresses. I’ll take a dress any season! But there is something about fall dresses that has me especially excited this year. A fall dress in a quintessential fall color, I am sold.
Before heading to NYFW, I was on the hunt for a midi length dress that was comfortable enough to take me from morning to evening while in New York. We were only going to be in the city for two full days, the days were going to be long and jammed packed. Needless to say, we fit a lot into a little over 48 hours in the city: from a stop at rewardStyle’s NYFW headquarters and the new LTK wall, shows, a showroom visit and of course some tourist activities, we were non-stop. Today it’s all about my NYFW recap along with outfit details from day 1. Apologies in advance for a picture-heavy post!
As we welcome a new season, it’s time for a new splurge vs. save! And with the spirit of a new season, I wanted to highlight a few trends at both price points. Without further ado, here is a brand new splurge vs. save: fall trends!
A floral embroidered dress. Is there anything better? When I spotted this dress a few weeks ago, I knew it was the perfect party dress to take to New York for Fashion Week.
Oh, leopard. How I love you so! With the unofficial arrival of fall, it’s the perfect opportunity to sift through your closet and bring out all your leopard pieces. Although animal print can technically be worn anytime of the year, there is something about the fall that makes me so eager to wear this print. As soon as I laid eyes on this leopard blazer, I knew it had my name written all over it.
One of my favorite things about welcoming a new season is adding new colors to my wardrobe. And although these shades of blue aren’t typically associated with fall, I have been falling for blues of all shades in anticipation of the new season.
Happy Labor Day, friends! I hope you all are enjoying the long holiday weekend. Just a quick post today to share a few of the Labor Day sales with you and a fun Back to School Q&A at the end. Have a great and safe rest of the holiday!
Ann Taylor: 50% off full-priced items & an additional 50% off sale styles now through 9/5 at 3am EST
Banana Republic: 40% off everything now through 9/5
BaubleBar: Additional 20% off sale through 9/4
H&M: Up to 30% off & free shipping now through 9/4
Nordstrom: Up to 40% off now through 9/10
Sole Society: Up to 60% off select styles now through 9/4
In honor of Labor Day weekend and back to school season, I am teaming up with my fellow bloggers over at The Blended Blog for their September Asks!
- Love school or hate school? I loved school!
- Start school before or after Labor Day? We always started the day after Labor Day thanks to the Canfield Fair.
- Wake up: eager beaver or slow poke? Eager beaver! I’ve always been an early riser.
- Favorite breakfast? Oh wow, that’s a tough one. Probably scrambled eggs.
- Favorite cereal? Reese’s Puff was by far my favorite. However, I was rarely ever allowed to eat it!
- School uniform or no uniform? No uniform.
- New outfit for first day? Of course!
- Walk to school or ride the bus? I lived pretty close to my schools so my mom or dad would drop me off. However, depending on the year, I did ride the bus too!
- Backpack, tote or messenger bag? I started with the traditional backpack, but by high school I migrated to the messenger bag.
- Eat school lunch or pack lunch? Packed lunch, unless it was Baked Potato Bar day in the cafeteria. I loved that!
- Remember the little milk cartons? White or chocolate? I wasn’t allowed to drink chocolate milk at home, so if I would get milk at school, it would definitely be chocolate!
- Paper bag or lunch box? Lunch box, that was almost always pink.
- Favorite thing to do at recess? Four Square! Anyone else remember this?
- Favorite back to school supply item? Pens and pencils. I still have a pen addiction today!
- Chalkboard or dry erase board? Dry erase board most of the time. Some classrooms had chalkboards. I was never a fan of the chalkboards, especially the sound they make!!
- Regular pencil or mechanical? Mechanical. With spare lead in my pencil case!
- Homework as soon as you got home or after dinner? It depended on when I had tennis practice, but usually in the car on my way to and from tennis.
- Favorite after school snack? Anything with peanut butter. (see last Tuesday’s post!) I did love Bagel Bites but rarely had them.
- Favorite after school show? When I didn’t have tennis right after school, I loved to watch Clarissa Explains it All!
- Favorite school subject? Anything with history or social studies.
- Least favorite school subject? MATH. It was the only thing I didn’t like about school. I dreaded that class!
- Name of your best friend in high school? That’s a tough one. I had a few!
- High school mascot? Canfield Cardinals!
- SAT or ACT? I took both, but much preferred the ACT (for as much as you can prefer taking a standardized test!).
- Favorite year in school? That’s a tough one. Probably my senior year. I was very much looking forward to moving on from small town Ohio to head to college in Pittsburgh!
- Class ring or no class ring? No class ring.
- Attend or not attend class reunions? Not attend.
Thanks for stopping by, friends! See you back here tomorrow for an all new easy weeknight dinner recipe!
Shop the Post
If fall is anything like this summer to fall transitioning time, my fall wardrobe is going to be pretty heavy on the sleeve show. Bell sleeves, statement sleeves, I can’t get enough! I spotted this grey bell sleeve sweater during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and knew it had to be mine. I mean, look at the sleeves!
With the start of September only two days away, I am totally in a fall state of mind. Bring on the layers, jackets and autumn colors! Whether it’s dressing casually or dressed up for work, there are certain versatile pieces in my closet that I love wearing for both, especially in the fall. Today’s post is dedicated to styling one jacket, two ways.